Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and Squeeeee!



I had this wonderful post all planned out about sex and paranormal romance and then the mailman delivered a box and all I can do is Squeeeee!

You see my print copies of Pentacles of Magick arrived in the mail, which I thought would be no big deal. I was wrong. While I have had a few print anthologies come out this is my first all ME book. LOL

Photobucket

I've got one here on my desk and I can't stop looking at it. I've been so anxious for them to get here since I have a book signing the first Saturday in December that I didn't even take the time how it would feel to finally have them in my hands. It was a tearful moment.

Honestly November has been so busy, I haven't thought about hardly a thing except the book i'm writing. I'm doing NaNo, which is National Novel writing month that challenges writers to write 50,000 words in one month. I'm at 40k with 4 days to go and i'm still trying to make it. Or more importantly I am trying to finish Book 2 in my catshifter series that will debut in January. My editor threw me a curve ball this week by sending me some copy edits on Book 1 that are due back in just a few days but I am still determined to win NaNo, finish my book and turn in my copy edits on time.

Here is a peek at the January book with cover and blurb.

Photobucket

***

Kira MacDonald is in trouble. Plagued by false visions and erotic dreams of a man she’s never met, she fears losing both her psychic powers and her sanity. The cure? Finding and bonding with her mate. The stubborn red-haired warrior might not want one, but fate has other plans, plans that include her rescuing Lucas Gunn.

As the Guardian of his shape-shifting clan, Lucas Gunn lived a quiet, solitary life. Until he was kidnapped, examined, and tortured. Now imprisoned, his only tie to the outside world is the memory of his dreams and the passionate woman who appears in them. He thought she was nothing more than a vision. Then she came for him.

An uneasy alliance, a mating call that won’t be denied, rituals that must be honored, and unrelenting enemies who will stop at nothing to get what they want. It all comes together in the first of Eliza Gayle’s sensational Black Cougar Series. Passion and pride. Duty and danger. In the end, there’s really only one choice…for Lucas.

***

2009 is shaping up to be a pretty exciting year but today I am thinking about 2008 and all that I am thankful for. It is Thanksgiving after all. I've got the turkey in the oven and i'm writing in between cooking. It feels good to be alive and surrounded by my family who supports me during these crazy times of intense writing and deadlines.

I truly hope wherever you are and whatever your circumstances that you have a wonderful holiday and take a few moments out of the busy day to be thankful for the good things in life no matter how dark things may seem.

Have a good one!

Eliza

2 comments:

Karin said...

Both covers look fantastic and the stories sound interesting.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Stephanie*magic* said...

Love the book covers!
And they sound amazing! Will be looking for those!
Hope you had a joyful Thanksgiving!
Take care.