Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Greetings!

And salutations!

Well, it has been a wild sort of a week for me. On the one hand I am still under the spell of a new medication that makes me fall asleep, on the other hand, RAPTURE came out last Tuesday!! YAY! The response from readers has been really awesome and I thank you all for that. It's really exciting for me since I feel this is my best work to date. It is a personal favorite of mine.

I am so excited about the release that I am going to give away an ARC of PLEASURE both here and on my home site to anyone who comments on RAPTURE and what they thought of it. You can get picked if you even have less than enthusiastic things to say about it. I prefer the truth to ass kissing, thank you very much. I think it makes me a better writer in the long run.

There's been some confusion as to the release date for PLEASURE. The official date is August 25th, 2009. It is NOT in 2010. That was a misprint in the RAPTURE excerpt. I also wanted to let you know that I am still working on the sixth Nightwalker book so it will be some time before it goes into production and you all get to see it. Starting in January you will see me taking leave of the Nightwalkers altogether in order to introduce the Gatherers, an interdimensional romance series that I think you will like a great deal. After that you will see me doing a sci fi romance series with Ballentine Books. Wild huh? A LOT of exciting stuff, new and interesting to be sure. But you will eventually get to see your favorite Nightwalkers again, never fear.

On a personal note, Bianca is here for the summer! It's a little crazy with a nine year old in the house, and such a change from the boring quiet I am used to. I can't get much of anything done, but I don't mind! It's great to have hugs and stories and such. :) We're headed to the beach in August and I think we'll all enjoy that.

So, anyway, tell me what you thought of RAPTURE if you want some PLEASURE! I'll be happy to mail you out your prize! And don't forget, we are going to have some wild fun at my get together in October and I really hope to see you there. Don't forget to get yourselves registered now because the price goes up after the initial cut off date because of the hotel rules. C'mon, it's worth it just for the DJ and the masquerade!

18 comments:

Stay_Cee said...

Hey!!!! Well I thought that Rapture was amazing!!!! Literally my favorite as of now :) can't wait for the next one;)

JCC said...

I loved, loved, loved Rapture! Can't wait for Guin :)

Shoshana said...

Rapture was really really *really* good. I think it's my second favorite after Jacob.

There's a lot going on in the book but it was easy to follow.

As far as criticism... I thought Dae spent too much time 'exploring' Magnus at first because I was caught up in all the intrigue and it slowed the pace down but then later it everything came together and it worked. So, it's not really criticism lol but a hugely runon sentence!!!

Have fun w/ B this summer! Pat the cats for me...

'shana

Cybercliper said...

I didn't think it could get any better than Ectasy, but after the Nightwalkers, I should have know your series would only get better. Rapture is amazing - intrigue, treachery, and ((sigh))passion...can't wait until Pleasure...

Susan said...

I laughed in many places. I was a little worried about their age differance, but they are perfect for each other! A little worried about Trace in the future - but I'm sure you have it all worked out. Can't wait for Pleasure! pins and needles!

Unknown said...

You make ass kissing sound like hard work... when it hardly isn't when you can write as well as you did. It is my favorite of your books as of yet... I couldn't put it down, I read it all in one day (have you ever read a book with one eye in one day... headache!!) I love how you draw the characters out for the next book, it's utterly captavating!! And having to wait for the next one seems like torture in its own... lol!!

I hope you have a great summer, and I wait for more installments on both series!!! :)

Cheers

Unknown said...

Hi Jacquelyn,

Picked up Rapture and was finished with it in a day..I couldnt put it down. As always you keep me on the edge of my seat wanting to jump ahead and find out whats in store. I love the Shadowdwellers and am anxiously looking forward to Pleasure.
Enjoy your summer and thanks for the great entertainment as always

Marilyn

Deb830 said...

I just bought the book the other day so I hope to get feedback before you pick a winner. What can I say I love your books so I can't wait to read Rapture and looking forward to Pleasure and the new Gatherers!!!

deb ;0)

Tabitha said...

I loved it Thought that Dae was great she is the perfect person for Magnus he needs someone who will tell him like it is. I can't wait till the Pleasures comes out

Anonymous said...

LOVED LOVED LOVED Rapture! I loved how Dae and Magnus "evolved" together.
ABSOLUTELY loved the scene of Dae's...umm...AHEM...discovery of her own body. Wow!
Not just kissing your ass either! :-)
Cannot wait for Pleasure!

Caffey said...

Hi Jac! I'm so glad PLEASURE is soon, not 2010!! I loved ECSTASY and even sharing that joy with others! Its like wanting to shout it out to others this joy of reading these books of yours Jac. I have RAPTURE to get yet.

I hope the sleeping works for you soon. Hugs

Deidre Sine said...

I really enjoyed Rapture, to see such as strong female who had endured so much was a treat!

Lisa F. said...

I adored Rapture, I love Magnus and Dae! I read the book in a day. Dae has now become one of my all time favorite characters. I can't wait for Pleasure!!!

Heather Foster said...

Rapture had me totally captured from the very first chapter and I couldn't seem to put it down. I loved it and I can't wait for more, more, more!

Bobbette said...

No ass kissing needed here, the book was amazing, I loved it. I can't wait for all the new things you have in store for us and look forward to many years of wonderful story lines and fabulous books. Congratulations Jacki, you hit this one straight out of the park!

Eve C-Mauri said...

When I saw you at the Middletown, NY signing I was so disappointed that Rapture wasn't released yet. I so wanted to have you sign my copy. I just started to read Rapture (I was finishing up another book). I am so glad you made me wait. The anticipation was killing me and it is so worth it. I am about 100 pages in and I can not wait to see what you have in store for Magnus. Boy is he in for a rude awakening. LOL. Can't wait for Pleasure.

Kainani said...

Okay I'm being honest. I liked Ectasy better than Rapture. It was still a good book though. I liked all the action and can't wait to see some of the newer characters. I can't wait for Pleasure.

Virginia C said...

Dae is a great female character. Strong, keenly observant and loving. A perfect match for the magnificent Magnus!