Monday, August 10, 2009

The heroes I love. Releases we have.

Ok so I figured I would post today about Heroes. Why? because on the whole, most heroes are cookie cutter and rub me the wrong way. Or, even worse, they are predictable as hell. So Imma list my favorite heroes here, for all the world to see, as an homage to my favorites. You should love them too.

First and foremost, Zarek from Kenyon's Dance with the Devil. PERFECT scarred hero, who even though he finds redemption (the best HEA in the series I think), hes still an asshole. Nothing changed him, and she remained true to the character. I love him and I live for his cameo's in her books.

Next, I love love love Bowen from Cole's Wicked Deeds on a Winters Night. Now I hate werewolves, but he is such a perfect hero, and I wouldnt even mind the wet dog smell when he came in from the rain. Just a completely fantastic character, and the lengths he went through to make her love him...

I also loved, back when he was still a human, Butch from the BDB books. Now, I dislike him greatly. What made his fantastic was his humanity, and the fact that he just didnt give a flying fuck if he lived or died. Tourtured soul, all the way, just the kinda guy you root for and fall for. Then turning him into a vamp was a little much and killed the kinda character he was. Still, early Butch, I loves you.

Also, Im in complete love with Devlin from Joey W. Hill's A Vampires Claim. Now lets throw aside the fact that hes major hung, but hes a FANTASTIC character. Hes thoughful, sexy, cheeky, an Aussie, and a bushman. Cant beat that. I'm in total love with him. Though I feel I have to mention Jacob as well, from the first too books in the Vampire Queen series. Jacob is the epitome of everything a woman wants in a man. Loving, loyal, hardcore, and he never lets her walk away mad. he's got a special place in my heart.

Ooh and I love love love Viper from Alexandra Ivy's Guardians of Eternity series. Why? Good lord hes a hottie, and he lets his mate keep a gargoyle around the house. *BTW, Levet is amazing, I love him too* and hes hot. did I mention that? Bonus.

Finally, though certianly not the last ever on my list, I LOVE Lorne from Larissa's next Demonica Book. Now we all met him in Wraith's book, but I have been fiending for this book since the second I found out it would be his. Audra and I have been arguing over him, she lurves him too, And neither of us can wait to get a piece of him... Ecstasy Unveiled cant come fast enough.

So these are my personal top pics. What are yours? I'm going to give away a small Eververse prize pack for the winner *drawn at Random* on August 30th. You got 20 days. Show me what you got.

Today we have a book releasing, the third in our snake series A Gift Of Daybreak. Its the final installment on the novella series, and We hope you will enjoy it. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have to say about the book, mostly because Audra and I aren't 100% sure we love it.


Saturday, all the goodness that is the Eververse series returns in the 4th novel! Masquerade will be available in both print and ebook on Saturday and we can't wait to see how our readers feel about Oscar and event Drake, whom you guys know I love. Check our bloggy On Saturday to enter to win some goodies from the Eververse to celebrate this release finally being available. And Yes, we will have Masquerade at AAD for sale.

Now that thats outta the way, I figured I would let you guys know that Audra and I are doing a special mini event on Friday at AAD. What is it? an hour meet an greet with us, for those who read up. Expect lots of talk about the characters, and goodies galore. Audra and I cant wait to actually meet and thank the people that have read us and helped in getting the books out there. Expect some wine too. LOL.

13 comments:

Kimmielinh said...

I can't wait to hear what others think of Oscar and Drake and Uriel... and high five with VIPER.. he's dreamy

Stella Price said...

IM nervous as hell to find out about Masquerade...

Suzette said...

Great picks! I would have to think of ones I like.

Cybercliper said...

Wow, you have already named a lot of the good ones. I would add:

Styx from Ivy's Darkness Everlasting - love me some Styx!!

Lachlain from Cole's A Hunger Like No Other - I mean come on the guy chewed off his leg and still saved the day!!

Jacquelyn Frank's Gideon - man is stone cold but goes hot really fast!!

Amy J said...

OMG! You all have named all my favorites already! But you also have to go with Lucern from Lynsay Sands Argeneau series. Lets see, there is also Noah from the Nightwalker series, Styx from Darkness Everlasting and hello Edward anyone??LOL...my list could go on and on but I will stop now..lol

Stella Price said...

Amy...

Edward from LKH? Yes I agree there. But I dont see him as a hero, I see him as the coolest character ever to live.

If your talking about that sparkling creep I dont count him for two reasons. 1, hes a YA hero and cant and dont get down, and 2. hes a sparking vampire. Nothing sexy about that.

*wink*

Diana Castilleja said...

Great list! Can I take a side order of whipped cream with one, please?

*innocence*

Yeah, didn't think so.

Let's see some of my favs....

Darius and Gregori from Feehan's Dark series. Just OMG, tortured and deep. And seriously, they're tall dark and hot. Mmmm. hehehehe

I definitely can give kudos to Gideon and Noah but I really loved all of hers...Maybe I should read those again. LOL

I'm woefully behind though. No one else is coming to mind. *pout*

Amy J said...

well since edward is sparkly and YA I will change my answer...lol...how about Magnus from RAPTURE? Oh and how about Eric from the sookie stackhouse series? Maybe I am way off base here...lol

Suzette said...

Love Roarke - JD Robb series

Jackson Deveau - Drake sisters series

Quinn Tyrrell - Dragonfire(Pyr) series

Fallon- Stella he's yours

Lucien - Lords of the Underworld

Alaric - Warriors of Poseidon

Just a few I love

Kainani said...

Kenyon's DH: Zarek & Vane
Cole's IAD: Bowen & Cadeon
Adrian's Midnight Breed: Rio
Andersen's Final Prohphecy: Michael & Rabbit
A. Day's Warriors of Poseidon: Conlan
Frank's Nightwalkers: Jacob, Elijah & Noah
Ivy's Guardians of Eternity: Styx
Leigh's Breeds: Jacob & Mercury
MacAlister's Aisling Gray, Guardian: Drake
MacAlister's Dark Ones: Kristoff
Showalter's Lords of the Underworld: Maddox
Smith's Brotherhood of Blood: Chapel & Bishop
Sparks' Love at the Stake: Romon & Angus
Viehl's Novel of the Darkyn: Thierry
Ward's BDB: Rhage

Okay my list can go on...& on.... LOL!
kenos89@gmail.com

Asylumgirl said...

Hmmm....so many good ones already mentioned, but let's see....

Erik from the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
also adored Quinn for a while, something about that bald head and him being a were-tiger...Growl!

V'Lane and Jericho Barrons from Karen Marie Moning's Fever series...so much sexual tension in these

Did anyone mention Acheron from Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters? If not, why not? OMG, love him! All the guilt he harbors just does something to me. LOL

Not paranormal, but I just adore all the Mallory heroes in Johanna Lindsey's books. Her books were some of the first romances that I ever read and they will always hold a special place in my heart.

This is Young Adult, but I love Shane in the Morganville Vampire series by Rachel Caine. Sexual tension there too, since Claire is still technically illegal. He's always the gentleman and doesn't go too far, but one day....oooh, just can't wait.

Deidre

Stella Price said...

D
See I never had a thing for Acheron. Zarek has always been it for me.

And no one in YA counts for this, LOL. Sexual tension aside, if they cant get down, and show their prowess then they don't count LOL.

Lots of great ones guys... keep um coming.

silvermage2000 said...

Hi everyone I like harry dresdren,the bros in the rob thurman books,any of the guys in the black dagger brotherhood by j. r. ward.