Tuesday, June 10, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Kiernan Kelly


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Kiernan Kelly!


What brings you back to AAD?  
Last year was my first year, and I had such a fantastic time that immediately added the next AAD to my schedule for this year. I’ve attended lots of conventions, but never one as fun as this one!


If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
Ooh, that’s a difficult question. My cowboy novel, Riding Heartbreak Road, holds a special place in my heart because it was my first, but I have a special love for Outland, because the characters are not the typical six-packed, ruggedly handsome heroes one usually sees in romances. In Outland, my guys are both over 50, a little paunchy, and have been together for over 25 years. In truth, they’re my husband and me. I even said so in the dedication!


Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
I am helping host the welcome party, along with BA Tortuga and Julia Talbot. It’s going to have a western theme (everybody loves cowboys!) to go along with the anthology the three of us have coming out in time for AAD that’s called “Midnight Rodeo.” It’s a western paranormal theme. In any case, rumor has it that there’ll be food, swag, and -- gasp -- a genuine mechanical bucking bull at the party!


What panels will you be on at AAD?
I’m on almost all the GLBT panels, plus any others where a warm body might be needed. I love doing panels, and had a blast doing them at last year’s AAD.  It’s addictive.


SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
I’m not sure yet, but probably something western-inspired. Or alcohol-inspired. Or both. We’ll see.


Where can readers find you?
You can find me at:
www.KiernanKelly.com
http://www.facebook.com/kiernan.kelly
Follow me on Twitter! @kiernankelly
http://caferisque.blogspot.com/
https://www.amazon.com/author/kiernan_kelly

Want to attend Author's After Dark and meet Kiernan, plus lots of other amazing authors? Register today!!

No comments: