Wednesday, July 16, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Brandy Walker


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Brandy Walker!


Is this your first year attending AAD?
No but it is my first year coming as an author and a featured author at that!


What brings you back to AAD?
A lot of things bring me back. A chance to hang out with my friends, see a new city and meet new people. I always have a great time at AAD. There are a tons of parties, panels and people. This year, for me, it is all about the readers and getting to know them.


Do you have a book coming out before AAD you want the attendees to know about?
Fingers crossed I will have the next Tiger Nip book, FINDING MORE, completed and ready for the masses. I’m attempting to get it written while doing a military move. WA to VA. Its long and grueling. House hunting, unpacking, finding all of my goodies.


If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
If you haven’t read me, then CRAVING MORE. If you have but you’ve only read my paranormal then I suggest checking out my contemporary romance CAUGHT IN THE MOMENT. My husband is Airborne qualified and has been since the early days of his Army career (he’s been in for just about 21 years now). I had that brilliant idea to set up a contemporary world involving skydiving. The first book introduces you to the Chute Shack and gang.


Tell us about the party you’re hosting at AAD!
I’m joining the always fabulous Melissa Schroeder Open Bar. If you’ve been to AAD before then you know the open bar I’m talking about. The one where you get drinks and a chance to hang out with other readers and the hostess with the mostest. This year Mel invited other authors to join her and I’m one of them. I’ve heard word that Tilly Greene will be one of the hostesses as well.


What panels will you be on at AAD?
Panels….let me think. I’m doing the Sports panel and will be talking about my Freefall series. I’m also doing the Cover Art panel. Before I started writing I was doing personal assistant work for Melissa Schroeder, Heather Long and Lissa Matthews. I started working up promo and doing covers. My biggest client being Mel. You may have seen some of my work; The Santinis, the Semper Fi Marines, the Sinfully Supernatural box set, to name a few. I’ve also done all of my self-published books.


If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
Jack & Coke. It is my drink of choice. My poison. My most favorite ever. If it was a shot though then I love Buttery Nipples.


SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
Remember that move I talked about earlier….I’m hoping I’ll have time to order a few things before the conference. Right now I have Tiger Nip trading card packs and pens.


We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
As of right now I’ll have Craving More, Claiming More, and the con only book Dallas & Kacie. I hope to have my first two Freefall books there as well.


Where can readers find you?
I’m all over the place and not just in my daily life.

Facebook TEZ Graphics | Twitter | Pinterest

Want to attend Author's After Dark and meet Brandy, plus lots of other amazing authors? Register today!!

No comments: