Monday, July 14, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Kallypso Masters


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Kallypso Masters!

Is this your first year attending AAD?
No, I first attended in 2012 NOLA, but not as a featured author. However, I hosted a brunch for 16 fans on Sunday and had a great time having readers fangirl on me thru the week. (The first book in the Rescue Me Saga had only been published a year earlier and I kept pinching myself that anyone had read my books. <g>) In 2013 Savannah, I had the honor of being a featured author and had a blast. This year will be my last for a few years (I’m on a mission to go to all regions of the country to meet as many readers as possible), so I plan to make it the best one yet.

AAD is one of my favorite reader/author get-togethers. I love that the panels are all Q&A and reader-driven and that there are so many opportunities to just hang out with readers informally. This year, tho, I’m stepping out of my comfort zone and hosting one of the Patience “virtue” tables at the Sins and Virtues Ball. I’ve got all kinds of goodies and swag lined up for those who signed up to join me at my table! I plan to go out with a bang! I’ve also just signed on for a fun event after the Bookies with nine other BDSM Romance authors which will be held Thursday night on the Terrace--lots of prizes there, too!

So, you’re sponsoring a table at the Sins & Virtues ball. Tell us more!
Yes, I chose Patience. Ha! I think I chose that one because I have the MOST patient readers in the world and wanted to reward some of them. Lord knows Kally doesn’t have any patience! (Just ask my awesome assistant Charlotte or my ever-patient hubby if you catch him Tuesday night or Wednesday morning before he heads off to hang out with a friend that week.) But Damian Orlando (Nobody’s Perfect) has patience galore, so I think the table will have some elements reminding me of themes and symbols from that story.

Charlotte and I started shopping for the table decorations on December 26 (when all that glittery Christmasy stuff was half off!). I still spent more than $500, I think. (I had a new release and no concept of money at the time. Haven’t looked at the receipts since.) Most of what we plan to decorate with will be given away that night--including the centerpiece which is a three-foot (or so) tall sparkly and lighted tower. It’s totally over the top as far as decorating goes, so I’ll be on my feet all evening so I can talk with everyone at my table because I sure won’t be able to see all of them. lol But I remember last year’s decorations and don’t want to be found lacking! (NOTE: This centerpiece needs to go home with someone who drove to the event unless they want to ship it home!

Everyone at my table will receive a special napkin holder (a kissing crystal!) and there also will be some special giveaways pertaining to my books. It will be an awesome evening! Now if only I knew what to wear to signify Patience! I could come in Savannah’s Princess Slut tank and short-shorts outfit, but, um, no. Just no. Time to do some more shopping! Everything I have is black, but I’m guessing I need to go with white or pastel for a virtue. Please send suggestions to me via private message on Facebook or at my e-mail (kallypsomasters @ gmail.com)! I’d much rather decorate the table than myself!

So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? The lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in their room?
Um, Savannah police were called to my hotel suite three times last year because my in-room party held too many people laughing and talking in my room. (It was only at 10 p.m. or so--yeah, I had a party pooper next door). This year, I am planning on sticking to the bar or lobby areas (or having meals with readers when time permits). I’m also one of 10 BDSM authors who will be having a fun event Thursday night (after the Bookies) on the Terrace. Come up and see me after any of my panel sessions for some premium swag and to say hello! I also try to hang out in the hallways after a panel for anyone who couldn’t chat with me during a session (unless I have another event to rush to). And my readers can PM me on Facebook or via Charlotte Oliver, my awesome assistant, if they can’t find me. I’m still making plans for my “down” time during AAD, but those times always include hanging out with readers! I’ll be there until we load up on Sunday morning to head home!

If an adoring fan wanted to buy you a drink at the bar, what’s your poison?
Any fruity drink with rum. Or fruity margaritas. Or sangria. Okay, anything fruity with rum or tequila or sweet wine. But I wouldn’t turn down a Sex on the Beach, either (after it was made popular with my readers by Damian in Nobody’s Perfect).

SWAG. We all love SWAG! What cool stuff are you bringing?
For free swag, my backscratcher/shoehorn pervertible has been all the rage at other events this summer. They’re red with the saying “Kallypso Masters--perverting one vanilla reader at a time.” Also new this year is my red stylus that reads “Ka-thunk!(™).” And the pink pens emblazoned with “Embrace your Inner Princess Slut.” I also will be giving away pens, Masters Brat buttons, Kally’s friend buttons (only given to readers I meet face to face, but sometimes you have to remind me if I get caught up in the conversation), “Eyes on Me” hand fans, and whatever else I decide to order between now and then! And for sale at $15 each, I’ll have my “Ka-thunk” basic tees in red and black and my red “Master Marc can put me in culinary bondage anytime” tees and aprons.

We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
My books are very much entry-level kink (and the Rescue Me Saga doesn’t so much revolve around a kink club as is does around the people who happen to belong to or run a club but focuses on their lives outside the club). I’ll be signing the first four books in my Rescue Me Saga: Masters at Arms & Nobody’s Angel, Nobody’s Hero, Nobody’s Perfect, and Somebody’s Angel. Sorry, Nobody’s Dream won’t be out yet.

Where can readers find you?
Web site: kallypsomasters.com
Newsletter sign-up: http://blogspot.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=c5caf1c20fc5da535929b2e1e&id=6b24aac454
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/KallypsoMastersAuthorPage
Facebook Timeline: https://www.facebook.com/KallypsoMasters (PM me if you want to engage with me on my timeline; otherwise, just follow me because just about everything I post is Public.)
Twitter: @kallypsomasters
Google Plus: as Kally Masters
Blog site: kallypsomasters.blogspot.com (But I don’t blog often anymore due to time constraints)

No comments: