Thursday, July 24, 2014

AAD Featured Author Interview: Lissa Matthews


Welcome Authors After Dark 2014 featured author Lissa Matthews!

Is this your first year attending AAD?
No. This will be my third Authors After Dark event.

What brings you back to AAD?
Location. Location. Location. I live in Charlotte. I don’t attend many cons, two usually. And because this one is typically located somewhere in the South, or at least within driving distance and usually not too pricey, it’s a good one. There’s something for everyone.

So where will attendees be able to find you at AAD? Do you hang out in the bar? The lobby? Or are you the one who throws parties in their room?
This year, I’m not sure. I don’t hang out in the bar much and I’m not a party person. I go where I’m supposed to go when there’s something scheduled, but otherwise, I’m usually in the lobby or in a central area or...wherever there’s coffee...

If you were to suggest one of your books to the AAD attendees, which book would it be?
The favorite is usually a toss up between Simple Need and Pink Buttercream Frosting. Two of my early ebooks that seem to still be talked about a lot.

What panels will you be on at AAD?
I’ll be on the Blue Collar Heros panel. I was only able to wrangle a spot on one panel this year. The last time I was on 4, I think. So this will be a little different. I’ll have a lot more free time.

We’re all excited about the book signing. What books will you have on hand to sign and sell?
I’m still working this one out. Twisted Up should be on hand as well as The Cupcake Cowboy. I’m hoping to have Stick Shift and if all the stars align and the seas part and I get that fairy godmother I’ve been desperately needing, I may have The Sticky Cowgirl as well. This has been a very difficult summer and everything for me is coming down to the wire with too much to do and catch up on and not enough time to do it.

Where can readers find you?
Twitter: @lissamatthews
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorlissamatthews
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/LissaMatthewsfanpage
Pinterest: authorlissa
Website: lissamatthews.com

No comments: